Stourbridge ‘Open Studios’
Saturday 18th May 2013 running until Sunday 19th May 2013
from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm
Ruskin Glass Centre
West Midlands DY8 4HF
Artists and makers based at the Ruskin Glass Centre in Stourbridge will be opening their doors to the public this May between the 18th and 19th to coincide with the national Craft and Design month. This will be the second time the Centre has hosted the ‘Open Studio’ event and is a great opportunity for the public to visit and meet the artists and designer/makers working in their studios.
The weekend will consist of a series of demonstrations, exhibitions and the opportunity to buy local, handmade art and crafts.
Some of the highlights of the weekend include:
- Glass blowing demonstrations by Ian Bamforth at Stourbridge Glassblowing Studio.
- An exhibition of new work by Jo Newman inspired by her residency in New Mexico.
- Discover the techniques Vic Bamforth uses to create his instantly recognizable & collectible masterpieces.
- The intricate hand-carving of cameo glass engraver Terri Colledge at Stourbridge Glass Engravers.
- Lampwork & Beadmaking demonstrations at Stourbridge Crafts.
- Kairos Sculpture will be showcasing new work in the form of a large scale performative sculpture.
- A two day ‘pop-up’ Art gallery of Bruntnell-Astley Contemporary Glass.